Thursday, September 5, 2013

One Of My Funniest Moments as Mrs. West Virginia International - Thoughts from Julie

When I was crowned Mrs. West Virginia International in May 2013, I vowed to make this year the most memorable and most busy of my life. I truly want to use my title as a voice and I want to take on as many opportunities as I can. I remember saying, "I want to be exhausted at the end of this year!"

So, needless to say, I've made a lot of appearances. But when I look back to think about one of the funniest things that has happened, I think the most vivid memory comes from an appearance at West Virginia Power Park in Charleston, WV.

I had the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a WV Power Baseball Game and my platform, The Arthritis Foundation, set-up a table so I could sign autographs and raise awareness about arthritis.

My husband joined me at this particular appearance (2 points for hubby) and took photographs of the entire evening.

The night was jam-packed with people coming up for photos, autographs and to learn more about our organization. It was SO much fun! There were a few guys who kept coming up and trying to take more photos, etc. and it was clear that they were thoroughly enjoying a few 'adult beverages' throughout the night.

At one point, while I was taking a photo with some kids, one of the guy made a super inappropriate comment about me to my husband and goes, "Dude, you have the best job in the world!"

He totally thought my husband was my photographer!

I think this is a hilarious story because it shows a few things:
1. People seriously don't look at the fact that I am MRS. West Virginia
2. My husband is a saint...he just laughed at the guy 
3. The later in the game, the creepier the men get. LOL

Oh well. We raised a ton of awareness that night and I had a blast! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment