Monday, December 30, 2013

Mrs. West Virginia International 2013 - New Year's Resolutions

Julie Warden, Mrs. West Virginia International, took some time to talk about her resolutions as she heads into 2014:

1. I am determined to put money into savings this year. I'm so bad about spending my paychecks to the final drop (and I'm very thankful to have a husband who doesn't question me too often), but this year I am going to set money aside for savings.

2. I am going to write thank-you notes. I think that a hand-written thank-you note can go a long way and I am even going to order myself pretty stationary so I am sure to follow through.

3. I am going to follow a low-carb diet that I know is better for my arthritis. It's tough to cut things you love, but carbs make me hurt and it's time to take control and follow a healthy diet, even when I'm NOT training to compete in pageants. 

4. I am going to continue to work with the WV Arthritis Foundation to share my story and hopefully help others understand arthritis, the importance of research and that you truly can live a better life if you find the right treatments for you.

5. I am going to take time, every day, to remember how thankful I am for my Hubby. He puts our family of furbabies and our home and life first and I want to make sure I truly remember just how incredible he is. 





No comments:

Post a Comment